Hastings Field House
The Municipality of Trent Hills - Recreation Re-development Initiative
The first of the three planned campus', the Field House in Hastings, opened its doors in August of 2015. The indoor turf field, the hard surface court, and the walking track have been utilized by local residents and visitors from surrounding communities in surprising numbers since then. Over 2600 people visited the new facility the first month it opened!
This new facility has provided an opportunity for all age groups to gather for recreation, to meet, to celebrate, to be entertained, to learn and have fun! There is something for everyone:
- A Cardiac Care Rehabilitation Program offered through the Central East LHIN (Local Health Integration Network).
- The new Trent River Muskies indoor youth soccer league attracted a full roster of players.
- Tennis is proving to be a popular activity, drawing many players from Peterborough as well as Trent Hills.
- Teams from many surrounding communities enjoyed the new sport of Bubble Soccer in an organized tournament, and were introduced to the facility.
- Minor sports associations have booked or have expressed interest in booking practice time for their teams, such as Campbellford Cougars Softball and Trent Hills Titans football.
- The Trent Hills Pickleball Club meets Monday evenings and Thursday mornings, offering a fun workout experience - a cross between ping-pong, tennis and badminton, which can be played by all ages.
- The indoor golf driving range is attracting die-hard golfers wishing to improve their swing. Golf Pros are inquiring about offering lessons.
- Homeschooling families have organized group activities for socialization and fitness.
- Birthday parties, staff meetings and team building events have been accommodated as well.
- A “Let’s get physical” program is organized by the EarlyOn Child & Family Centre for families with pre-schoolers, and provides an important physical development opportunity through games which encourage a range of movements and help build strength, coordination and balance.
- Yoga/Stretch and Tone Exercise Class on the sports court, which has attracted a whole new set of users to the Field House.
- An introductory Flag Football program for youth was held in the spring of 2016 by Masters Sports Enterprises.
- Early season warm-ups for Norwood Midget Baseball and the Hastings Football Club.
- Drop-in DVD Cardio Class and Boot Camp.
Hastings Field House is located at:
97 Elgin Street