When considering applications for funding, our grant review committee considers projects that:
• Address challenges and opportunities
• Promote networking and sharing
• Impact people in a significant way or means
• Build effective community partnerships
• Improve organizational effectiveness
• Plan for continuation of the project beyond initial funding
• Realize a significant and sustainable result with a moderate amount of funding
• Are innovative
All qualified applications are considered according to their merit and in light of the funds available for distribution. The grant review committee is composed of board members and community volunteers, who review the applications and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors, which exercises final authority. The grant review committee may solicit the advice of other knowledgeable individuals or organizations.
Grant applications will be assessed without discrimination regarding gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, creed or disability. By the same token, the committee will accept applications only from organizations and for projects, which are free from detrimental discrimination based on gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, creed or disability.
Our grant program provides grants in the following fields of interest: Arts and Culture, Community Development, Education, Environment, Health, Recreation, Social Services, and Youth.
Community Impact Grants - Our primary grant program available to local Registered Charities for projects that seed, nurture and support community initiatives.
Job Opportunity for Youth Grants - The Job Opportunity for Youth initiative provides charitable and not‐for‐profit organizations with grant funding to provide summer employment for youth in our community.
Mini Grants - A less strenuous application for smaller grant projects with funding coming from our "Field of Interest" endowment funds:
In order to be eligible to apply for a grant, an organization must:
• Core operating costs
• Capital building campaigns
• Deficit reduction
• General fundraising activities
• Religious or political activities
• Endowment campaigns
• Expenses incurred prior to CSCF awarding the Grant
• Individuals, sabbatical leaves or student exchanges